Strange Message

hi team just been to g4 .

and i had a pm from some one ive never heard of before.asking me to click on a link.for gaming..my Q has any one else experienced this.

does any one get pm's from unknown people.i wondered if the person was targetting people at will.i deleted it because im not a gamer and because i dont open pm"s from some one im not sure off.

am i being over precautious or. can we strike trouble by opening pm links.

perhaps im having a suspicious day

thanks

marty

Hi marty,

Yeah, I've gotten 2 of those in the past 24 hours. I guess just some kids who realize the mods would stop them from spamming the boards, so they are just using the PMs as a way to try to get new members. I agee with you about being careful, and I also do not click on links in PMs from people that I do not know. Have a nice day.

lets see here i'v had mail from friends, lots of strangers with questions, strangers wanting me to elaborate on my theory on time travel plausibility, hate mail plenty of that , and yep spam too. like it's already been said send a copy to the MOD and delete it. i have a comment section on my website just for commenting on my site design and content and i even get spam in that. regulary too!

I haven't been over to G4 today, but haven't gotten anything like that yet.

I don't ever click on links in threads, or in PMs, from people I don't know enough from boards to trust.

Also I use the mouse hover to see where the link would take me to before I click on it in all cases.

And I have signatures turned off, so the odd ball stuff that is in some sigs doesn't affect me.

I am a scaridy cat, but so far one without any virus/worms/trojans. :unsure:

Next question... How do you do PMs on this board?

Or is it always/only by email? I haven't figured that out yet. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

After each post, at the bottom, there's a button to PM someone. If you have received a PM, at the top next to "My Controls" it will say "1 New Message" instead of "0 New Messages"

I always do exactly what has already been said by other people.

martymas

I have three e-mail addresses and get PM's on three of the sites I spend time on.

I VERY rarely use the links provided unless I know the sender very well.

What I do is select the properties and post it on Google and let Google do the work for me.

If I do not know the sender I delete it with out ever looking to see what it is.

hi team just been to g4 .

and i had a pm from some one ive never heard of before.asking me to click on a link.for gaming..my Q has any one else experienced this.

does any one get pm's from unknown people.i wondered if the person was targetting people at will.i deleted it because im not a gamer and because i dont open pm"s from some one im not sure off.

am i being over precautious or. can we strike trouble by opening pm links.

perhaps im having a suspicious day                 

thanks

marty

I haven't received any weird PMs lately. But o boy do I ever get a truck load of weird e-mails.

Today I received a very official looking e-mail from a bank that encouraged me to enter my credit card information, account numbers, etc. The bank wanted to verify my security status. The frightening thing is I'll bet some people get confused and actually do enter their private information at hacker sites.

I always delete e-mails if I don't know the sender.

Now I feel so dumb. :lol:

Oh my I am so embarrassed. :P

I absolutely never saw those little things before. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information. B)

God bless everyone.

me neither i didnt see it.couldnt see for looking

marty