Good Morning all:

I have been noticing all of the hype surrounding the new Xbox One Console. There are several improvements that seem to make it more of an 'Family Entertainment System' then ever before. It looks really cool - but honestly, I don't think I would buy it based on the presentations I've seen on my 360.

In the old days, you could play many games, and some of them were compatible with the Original XBox and the 360 - This amount has been increased so that most of the games that CAN be played on both systems usually ARE played on both systems. The New XBox One seems to have eliminated backwards-compatibility, and also the need to use discs. This also KILLS the used game market, and makes everything more expensive, when I think that it should be LESS expensive to get some of these games.

The XB One is also a 3OS device, because of what it can do, but with everything being cloud based, what guarentee does one have that information will be stored on your device, or that you will be able to play any games you own on your new system? Failing to allow us to play 360 titles on XB one will mean that you have to maintain 2 XBoxes to play games, when the idea of the XB One is to bring everything together and centralize it to your home entertainment experience - Sure, you can watch TV and "snap to" other applictions and see everything in 1080p, but at what cost? If you can't play your old games, what good is a new system, a new OS and a NEW Kinnect Sensor, or a machine that HAS to BE Connected to the Internet 24/7 and "Check in with MS" every 24 hours?

While I am impresed with the new system, I doubt I would buy a system that wants to make it impossible to play my 360 titles, because I feel that it is an investment that I should be able to maintain ONE Console, without having to pay more for the new machine, only to have to repurchase other games,

I hope that there is a FIRESTORM over some of this, and that MS will change the way they will do this......or I may NOT buy another Xbox - except the 360 - Who the HELL thinks up this strategy??? Geez!!

This is MY Opinion.......any thoughts.........

Brian

It's a little odd and definitely unfortunate if there is no backward-compatibility, but you kind of have to draw the line somewhere, sometime.

Since it has so many other cool features, whatever the controversies, people will eventually start buying it, and that may just be what they planned.

Microsoft says that rumors of non backward compatability are false rumors designed to impact their sales. They also said that the rumors of single install are also false.

Remember they still have competition and do not want to alienate loyal fans.

Microsoft says that rumors of non backward compatability are false rumors designed to impact their sales. They also said that the rumors of single install are also false.

Remember they still have competition and do not want to alienate loyal fans.

Pete:

I think I will agree with your information - There is just SO MUCH information out there, rumor, false information, made up garbage, and god knows what else, that as you say, it is "stirring up the bees" and I think I want to see what they (MS) say closer to launch ;)

Brian

• 5 weeks later...

Brian, you should check out our Xbox One coverage: http://www.besttechie.com/tag/xbox-one/

Jeff:

Thank You for that Information.  I did not realize that the BT Site had a section on the XBox One - Very Informative, and I have not been online much for the past 2 weeks or so because I have been working, so the article I found was dated the 19th of June  -hehehehe oh well :)

Take Care ;)

Brian