24 replies to this topic

#1 Naming is hard

Naming is hard

Techie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

Sometimes...This country really amazes me, Im 18 and of course need a job, and license, to get these things i need SS Card, awhile back in some chaos my SS card goes POOF and is gone, So now i need to get another one right? So i do some research, and find out i need an I.D, ok well so i go and research that, and find out i need SS card to get the I.D to get the SS Card...Now how in the hell does that make scense?
Oh and of course, they'll accept a report card from school...Im home schooled...I have my Birth Certificate but of course thats not good enough...So lets get this straight, a REPORT CARD is acceptable, but yet a Birth Certificate...Nah not goin work,
This country....wow...Just had to get that off my chest, So at the moment i can't see any opinions, honestly pretty annoyed right now.

#2 jsbowen

jsbowen

"straight cash homey"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Operating System:Windows XP Professional

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

Looks like they'll take any of these as a form of ID:

* U.S. driver’s license;
* State-issued nondriver identification card; or
* U.S. passport.
* Employee ID card;
* School ID card;
* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card);
* U.S. military ID card; or
* Adoption decree.

Probably a school ID or an insurance card would be the easiest to lay your hands on. Also, another angle may be to have your parent's apply for your replacement card if you still live at home.

Sometimes the system just doesn't make sense...

Edited by jsbowen, 11 October 2006 - 03:04 PM.

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

Anti-Idiotarian

• Admin
  • 3815 posts
  • Operating System:XP Home, Windows 7 Ultimate

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

It's easier to get a fake SS card plus other ID if you have friends in the right places. :ph34r:

#4 Naming is hard

Naming is hard

Techie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

Looks like they'll take any of these as a form of ID:

* U.S. driver’s license;
* U.S. passport.
* Employee ID card;
* School ID card;
* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card);
* Adoption decree.

Probably a school ID or an insurance card would be the easiest to lay your hands on. Also, another angle may be to have your parent's apply for your replacement card if you still live at home.

Sometimes the system just doesn't make sense...

* U.S. driver’s license; #Need I.D AND SSC for that -.-
* U.S. passport.
* Employee ID card; # Need SSC lol
* School ID card; #Home Schooled
* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); #No Insurance
* Adoption decree.

Is it not kinda messed up that i had my Birth Certificate and my fathers there, with his I.D and his SSC and his name on my birth certificate, WITH proof of my SSN (just not the actual card) but nah no that doesn't prove who i am, not at all -.-, My only choose is to try and somehow remember the last Hospital i went to for my Medical Records

#5 JDoors

JDoors

UberTechie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

* U.S. driver’s license; #Need I.D AND SSC for that -.- ...

I guess Illinois finally did something right, they do not require a SS# for a DL or state ID.

I'm surprised a certified copy of a birth certificate is NOT accepted, yet an adoption decree is.

#6 Naming is hard

Naming is hard

Techie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

I guess Illinois finally did something right, they do not require a SS# for a DL or state ID.

I'm surprised a certified copy of a birth certificate is NOT accepted, yet an adoption decree is.

Tell me about it -.-, And a Report card? How easy are those to fake? COME ON PEOPLE.

#7 Carnevil

Carnevil

FreeBSD User

• Linux Experts
  • 509 posts
  • Operating System:Freebsd 7.0 , Archlinux, OS X 10.5.7, WebOS 1.2.1

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Tell them you're an illegal immigrant. They seem to be able to get all kinds of things including a drivers license.

#8 Honda_Boy

Honda_Boy

Resident Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2630 posts
  • Operating System:Windows 7 Professional x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

was you're birth certificate a hospital one or a state one. THey wouldn't take my hospital one when I went to get my liscense. I had to go to the department of health and get a state one.

#9 blim

blim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3890 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

Exactly what Hondaboy said. Go to the Courthouse and request a State Birth Certificate (not the footprint one you got from the hospital) If I remember right, that is what I did when the kids were tiny and needed a SS number for income taxes.

Good luck! WE know you exist!

Liz

#10 Naming is hard

Naming is hard

Techie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

No footprints on it, it was a state one -.-,
Anyways, Turns out, in Texas, you don't need SSC, Proof of SSN or a I.D to register to VOTE.

They will take the Birth C, but i need that AND something else, so the proof of voting blah blah, anyways i think ill be able to work around this crap.

#11 Chappy

Chappy

Master of my Personal Space

• Windows Experts
  • 1430 posts
  • Operating System:Vista Ultimate & Win XP Pro SP2

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:46 PM

I'm also surprised by that too, I thought your Birth Certificate was all that was needed to obtain your SSC?

#12 baker7

baker7

USCG: Semper Paratus: "Always Ready"

• Contributor
  • 810 posts
  • Operating System:Windows 7 Pro, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows MCE/XP Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows 2003 Server SBS, Debian Linux, RedHat Linux, ELive Linux

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

It seems strange that they won't take some forms of ID: SS Cards are required as are SS#s I was lucky that my mom actually saved my card for me - and when I could, I laminated mine - shes 34 years old, and still have it.

However. I agree that its stupid to accept a report card - How do homeschooled individuals prove who the heck they are that way? anyone could forge a document like that, however I agree that you should probably ask your parents to help you apply for the card (get it replaced) if you are still at home - maybe they can help you get around some of these roadblocks...

Good Luck....

Brian

#13 isteve

isteve

Mac Expert

• Managers
  • 791 posts
  • Operating System:OS X , Ubuntu, XP

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

A report card is just plain stupid, it should be harder then that. So pretty much anyone reading this that knows your name and can fake a report card could become you. I'm guessing a name and a correct SS# is worth a few bucks for someone.

#14 JDoors

JDoors

UberTechie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:01 PM

... a Report card? How easy are those to fake? COME ON PEOPLE.

Wait! You're home schooled, you have a PC and a printer, make one! It WILL be your official report card, right?

(I know, I know ... if only ... )

#15 macmarauder

macmarauder

UberTechie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:20 AM

ahhhhhh the great identification loop. :ph34r: :matrix: true anonymous doesn't exist except for inside this loop. so if you ever want, your perfectly suited to ba an assasin. You have the uniqe ability to confuse the goverment as too your identity. i can see it now, black suit goverment agents scrambling about and trying to explain to their superiors that you are untracable bacuse you don't have a SS card or an ID card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users