Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is considered to be the best anti-malware application available today. Malwarebytes is constantly updating their database in order to continue improving the application’s amazing malware detection and removal success. The software was built from scratch to be as efficient and effective as possible. It uses technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect.
One of the key’s to success is its Realtime Protection Module which uses Malwarebytes’ advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your computer to ensure it remains safe and secure.
The latest version of the software was launched in March 2014, with a completely redesigned UI to give users more intuitive control over their malware protection. Anti-Malware 2.0 also has improved Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies, along with a new and improved detection and removal engine. The flip-side of all these innovations and advances is that the software has gone from a free version to a yearly paid subscription model. The good news, though, is that it’s a great deal at $24.95 per year, with licenses for up to three PCs. For such a powerful tool, that’s a small price to pay.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Super fast quick scans.
- New flash scanning technology. (requires registration)
- Frequently updated malware database (in many cases multiple times per day).
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware protection module to prevent and stop infections from harming your computer. (requires registration)
- Quarantine to lock up threats found on your computer.
- Ability to perform full scans for all hard drives.
- Malware website blocking technology that prevents infections from taking over your computer. (requires registration)
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Easily schedule scans and configure automatic updating. (requires registration)
- Extra utilities to help remove malware manually (including FileAssassin).
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
- Support for over 35 languages and growing!
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Ability to use and configure the scanner within the Command line.