How To: iPod Touch Screenshot

Yesterday Mandy stumbled upon this cool feature on the iPod Touch (As far as I know this only works on 2.0 firmware) which allows you to take a screenshot of your iPod Touch anywhere whether it be your home page, within an application, etc. without any additional software needing to be installed.

It’s extremely simple to do as well, you can even email the screenshot to someone or yourself if you would like. To take a screenshot all you need to do is hold down the Menu button (the black circle) and press the power button at the top of the device – you will see a white flash on your screen which means the screenshot was taken.

In order to access the screenshots just go to your Pictures on your iPod Touch. It will appear within your saved images. If you would like to email it to someone, click the image once and you will notice an arrow on the far bottom left click that and it will give you three options – Email, Set as wallpaper, and set it as a contact’s icon. Select email and it will open Mail (assuming you have it configured to work with your email and a WiFi connection) just enter the person’s email and hit send. That’s it!

Pretty cool, huh?  Leave a comment!

— Jeff Weisbein

Jeff is the founder & CEO of BestTechie. He has over 10 years of experience working with technology and building businesses. He loves to travel and listen to music.

Comments

1. Kanzu5665 says:

Nice. Hurray Mandy!

2. chris kelly says:

Yeah I found this by mistake to, and when i saw pics in my photos i was confused, so i had to come here to find out how i did it in the first place…

I also found this interesting – you can now touch and hold pics in safari and save any pic
    Neat huh?

If that wasn’t news, it was news to me =D

3. Thanks. So much cleaner than the jailbreak “Screenshot”. Very nice.

4. I accidentally did it too haha. I looked in my pictures and saw a frozen “slide to unlock” thing with ne-yo’s “year of the gentleman” album cover with date and time and everything and i was confused haha

5. purpleprinc355 says:

lol i did it by accident to on my friends ipod like seven times. and we were just like whaaaa??? haha thanksss

6. Palmtopman says:

Fantastic! Well done. :-)

7. Joel Gonzalez says:

This is a cool feature on the iPod Touch (This works on 3.1.2 firmware as well) which allows you to take a screenshot of your iPod Touch without any additional software.

It’s very simple to do it. To take a screenshot all you need to do is to hold down the power button at the top of the device and then press the Menu button (the black circle) – you will see a white flash on your screen which means the screenshot was taken. Then if you want to email the screenshot to someone else, you're going to be able to do that by accessing your pictures.

I hope this will help!

Joel Gonzalez

8. Just tested on Firmware 3.1.2 (Not Jailbroke) Still works

9. Hey thanks dude that helped alot. Works with 32gb iPod Touch.

10. No comment!!!!!!

11. WOW!!!! THANKS MAN THAT WAS SOOOOO COOOLLLLL!!!!!!

12. Works on the Ipod touch 32 gig IOS 4.1

13. Thanks I did a screen shot the other day and had no idea how till I seen this :D

14. Hey I was just wondering are these images high-res cause i wanted to take some screen shots of a video clip for a custom poster.

15. YES!!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for days.. YOU ARE MY HERO!

16. Thanks Bruh

17. Wow thanks :)

18. Ohh thanks and btw I watched this video on my iPod touch :))

19. This is fantastic. thank you. Worked flawlessly on the Iphone as well.

20. This was great, thanks so much!

21. Jeff Weisbein says:

You’re welcome! :)

22. Jeff Weisbein says:

You’re welcome! Glad it worked for you. :)

23. thnx so much…it waz great!!